Veterinary Referral Associates is a certified Cat-Friendly hospital by the AAFP, with specially trained staff, dedicated feline exam rooms, and hospitalization wards, as well as a feline-only waiting area.
What is the AAFP?
The American Association of Feline Practitioners (AAFP) assists its members in advancing the health and welfare of cats by promoting high professional and patient care standards, continuing education, and evidence-based medicine.
How Our Hospital Meets AAFP Standards
We offer separate facilities for cats and dogs and a variety of treatment and patient care protocols for the comfort and safety of our feline patients. Our animal hospital features:
- Separate waiting areas for cats and dogs
- Feline-only hospitalization wards, featuring a sunroom for medical boarding patients, special bedding and blankets for each guest, TVs, heated beds, separate sleeping and elimination areas, calming music, privacy curtains and hideaways, and enrichment activities
- Separate feline and canine ICU units for critical cases
- Pheromones throughout the feline area to help cats feel more relaxed
- Staff specially trained to meet the needs of feline patients